Everybody desires a high-quality device with smart features. From speakers to HomeKit, it is essential to stay updated about the trending technology and make the best decision while investing.
Speakers have become an essential gadget for each household. A family get-together to decent occasions, music played on the speakers completes the celebration. Therefore, investing in a good quality speaker is worth your money.
The two highly recommended good-quality speakers are Sonos Move and Apple HomePod. Excellent sound and smart capabilities are the ultimate goals for an ideal audio device like speakers.
Sonos Move works with a lot of well-favored music streaming services that also include Apple music. Not only this, but the users can also juggle between voice assistants, that are Alexa and Google Assistant. If you’re keen to set a home theatre, there is no other choice better than Move.
Apple’s HomePod, on the other hand, also focuses on sound quality. It can carry out other routine tasks such as setting the alarm, operating HomeKit, etc. Unfortunately, HomePod is only supported by Apple music, which means that you must have the subscription. Not only this, but Siri is the only option when it comes to the voice assistant. Unlike Sonos, HomePod is not portable, nor weather resistant.
Below mentioned are the pros and cons of the two speakers to match your requirements and then make a decision.
Pros and Cons of Using Sonos Move
Sonos Move has an in-built battery that makes it a portable device. What else do you need when you can carry your device anytime, anywhere.
Pros of using Sonos Move are:
- It has exceptional sound quality that makes it perfect for small celebrations at your place or camping with your friends.
- It gives you an option to switch between the two voice assistants: Google Assistant and Alexa.
- It has an in-built rechargeable battery that enables you to carry the speaker anywhere you want. The battery can run up to 11 hours before recharging it.
- The Move is built with IP56 weather resistance, which makes it tough and can work indoors or outdoors.
- Enables stereo pairing.
Cons of using Sonos Move are:
- As mentioned above, a good-quality device is worth the investment. Sonos Move is an expensive device. Therefore, double-check and match your requirements before investing.
- It doesn’t support Apple’s voice commands.
- Apple’s voice assistant that is Siri doesn’t work on Move.
Pros and Cons of Using Apple’s HomePod
Apple’s HomePod is best suitable for Apple devoted users. If you’re not planning to switch from Apple to any other brand, this might be the best option.
Pros of using HomePod are:
- It provides you high-quality audio and is best suitable for indoor use.
- It works with Apple’s voice commands that is Siri.
- It supports HomeKit accessories. Thus, it is a smart appliance.
- It can be stereo paired with another HomePod.
- It is not as expensive as Sonos.
Cons of using HomePod are:
- Though it’s cheaper than Sonos, it is still expensive.
- It only supports Apple Music and doesn’t work with other streaming platforms like Spotify.
- It doesn’t have an in-built battery. Therefore, it’s not a portable device.
These were the two high-quality devices you can shortlist while looking for an ideal speaker range. If you’re fine with the cons narrowed by Apple’s HomePod and aren’t going to switch from Apple to any other brand, HomePod will not disappoint you. However, Sonos provides you flexibility as it has more functions to it. So, if you go for Sonos, it too sounds like a perfect idea.
Cynthia Strickland is a innovative character who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the state-of-the-art updates involving mcafee.com/activate and how it can enhance the work ride of users. Her articles have been posted in many famous e-magazines, blogs and websites.