Windows 10 provides various features to its users such as expanding Desktop, managing various tasks and switching between the available desktop options. In order to access Virtual Desktop on Windows 10, you will be required to hit the Task View tab for old Timeline View, and you may hit the Window logo and tab key to create it.
Virtual Desktop allows the users to use multiple screens on Windows 10 with ease. Multiple desktops enable its consumers in various tasks such as keeping unrelated, ongoing projects, and organize various games in a larger view.
Managing Virtual Desktop on Windows 10
In case you wish to manage virtual desktops on Windows 10, then you have to abide by these instructions:
- In the beginning, you have to hit the Task View tab as the earlier Timeline View. Now, you may use the Window logo and Tab key to do so.
- After that, you will be able to view the timeline of your tasks at the bottom section of your screen. Go to the top part of the screen and then check for the tab for adding a fresh desktop option. If you tap the text located just above the desktop representation, then you can rename it as you wish.
- In case you are about to hover on the respective screen, you will view the cross-signed tab available for removing the Desktop. You may set it up and then rename all them accordingly to manage all your tasks.
- Note : In case you wish to instantly create a fresh virtual desktop, then you have to tap these keys altogether: Ctrl, Window logo and “ D” button.
Closing Applications Before the Removal of the Screen
In case you wish to remove your Desktop before the closing of available apps, then you will find all of them at the main Desktop automatically. So, it is recommended to close all the expanded applications from the desktop area just before quitting it.
Transferring Applications within Desktops
In case you are in the virtual desktop view, and you applied right tap on the particular application. You may move it to any other virtual screen, snap it towards the left or right-hand side displays and shows it to the entire desktops or show windows from the respective applications on all the screens.
Applying Virtual Shortcut keys
- In order to move swiftly within the virtual desktops, then hit the Window logo, Ctrl and left or right side arrow keys together.
- If you want to create a new virtual desktop immediately without entering into the Task View, and then tap the Window logo, Ctrl and D tab simultaneously.
- In case you wish to see all the existing expanded apps on the screen, you have to apply a traditional way that is Alt and Tab keys.
- For switching between two different screens, you have to hold down the Alt key and then keep Tab key pressed for a while.
Managing Virtual Desktop Setups
You may follow these instructions for managing virtual desktop setups. There are two different ways that you may tweak for Virtual Desktops:
- In the beginning, hit the Settings tab. You may also hit the Window logo and “I” keys simultaneously to expand the same.
- Then, press the Systems section.
- After that, hit the Multitasking option there.
- Now, scroll down the page towards down until you view the Virtual desktop options.
- You can view all the apps expanded on your desktops through the taskbar as a default option. If you want to switch various desktop options, then you may also do so.
- If you wish to toggle between various apps, then you should tap the Alt and Tab button altogether. You may modify the options and toggle within all the expanded applications from your desktop screens.
Note: Users may create new virtual desktop by performing some clicking operations with just a keyboard shortcut directly from the task View section.