In today’s time, we all use multiple accounts, and it is possible to forget the password or username of any account. Along with that, most people manage their different accounts on more than one device. Well, in that case, there are even more chances that you can forget your login credentials. But, you can easily change or reset your passwords for any accounts. And now, speaking of Spotify, it is the most commonly used and popular music streaming service that is used by millions of people all over the world. Unarguably, it is the best and leading music streaming platform among all others. And to use Spotify on any of your devices, you need to create an account. But, sometimes, when you want to log into this music service through any third-party devices, it is possible that you might not remember your password.
It is the most common situation that everyone encounters. But, there is no need to worry. If you have forgotten your Spotify password or want to change it for safety purposes, then here is the right place where you will get to know how to do so. The following article will provide you with the methods through which any Spotify user can change or reset their password. So, to explore the techniques, please go through the complete article.
The Methods to Change or Reset the Spotify Password
Many Spotify users do not know how to change or reset their password. It is the simplest task that can be accomplished by any of the Spotify users. There are various ways to do so. And here, in this report, we have mentioned two different methods that you can follow easily without any difficulty. The techniques given in this article include some easy steps that you will need to follow to change your Spotify password. But, before going through any of the processes, you need to prepare a strong password to set into your account. It is also worth noting that you can’t change your password using the mobile or desktop app. For this purpose, you need to use any web browser.
So, now, go through the below-mentioned procedures and help yourself out to know the ways to change your Spotify password. Here are the processes:
Method 1: The Steps to Change the Spotify Password When You Have Forgotten It.
You can change your Spotify password easily if you remember your current password. But if you have forgotten your existing password, then here’s what you need to do. Follow the below-mentioned steps to change your Spotify password if you have forgotten it:
- To get started with this method, turn on your computer system and open any web browser that you use.
- Now, navigate to the official site of Spotify that is “www.spotify.com”. Or you can also head straight towards the reset password page. For that, visit this link: https://www.spotify.com/account/password-reset.
- And now, you will need to tap on the login option that you can see at the top right corner of the Spotify homepage.
- After this, go through the option of “Forgot your username or password”.
- Enter your username or email ID registered into your account.
- And next, select the “Send” option.
- Now, you need to log in to the email account on which the reset Spotify password email has been sent.
- Go through the mail and click on the option of “Reset Password”.
- On the next screen, type a new password that you want to set up and type it again in the field of “Repeat New Password”.
- Click on the captcha stating “I am not a robot”.
- Lastly, make the final attempt by clicking on the option of the ”Send”. And that’s it. You have successfully changed your Spotify password.
Method 2: The Steps to Follow if You Remember Your Current Spotify Password.
Here is another technique that you can try if you haven’t forgotten your current Spotify password. Here are the steps:
- To go through this method, first of all, open any web browser on your computer system and navigate to the official site of Spotify.
- And now, log into your account with your email ID and current password. And if you are already logged in, then move straight to the Spotify’s password page by visiting this link: “https://www.spotify.com/account/change-password/”.
- Next, go to the “Login” option placed at the top corner of the home page.
- After this, you will have to log in to your account again by entering your email ID and current password. You can also log in using your Facebook account credentials.
- Scroll down through your screen and click on “Change Password”.
- On the next screen, in the space provided, type a new password. And type your new password once again in the “Repeat New Password” field.
- Click on the “Set New Password”. After you are done setting the new password for your Spotify account, you will receive a notification confirming the completion of the process.
So, these were the most straightforward procedures that any of the Spotify users can go through to change their Spotify password. Try any of these methods if you are also one of the users who have forgotten their password. And to get more information like this, please stay connected to us and check out our website.
Cynthia Strickland is a innovative character who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the state-of-the-art updates involving mcafee.com/activate and how it can enhance the work ride of users. Her articles have been posted in many famous e-magazines, blogs and websites.